Since I am a college student and perpetually strapped for cash I am always trying to save money where it is possible. So right now I have decided that I can live without cable tv service and I will probably get rid of their broadband internet services as soon as I am able to determine which dsl service provides me with the best price performance in my area. I know people who spend between one hundred and fifty dollars and two hundred dollars on their cable bill, without including any added costs. Some of them still use the pay per view buttons to rent the latest movies, but that is pretty silly.
We are the Association for Freedom of Information. Our goals expressed in our Constitution, are:
1. Disseminate and respect the ethical values of the Freedom of Information, giving them priority over individual interests. These ethical values, specified in the Four Freedoms of Information, listed below, applied to a specific body of information that we call work. Some information (or work) is considered free if the following freedoms:
- The freedom to use the work for any purpose (freedom 0).
- The freedom to study the work, and adapt to your needs (freedom 1).
- The freedom to redistribute copies of the work so you can help your neighbor (freedom 2).
- The freedom to improve the work and release your improvements, and modified versions in general, to benefit the whole community (freedom 3).
2. Notwithstanding the foregoing, according to the nature of the information (or work) being treated, certain of the above freedoms are not applicable or not needed. For this we distinguish three categories for the works; adapted to Castilian proposals by Richard M. Stallman , founder of the GNU Project, whose magnum opus is the license for free software most used and influential in our day, the GNU GPL :
- Functional works: software, dictionaries, textbooks, software documentation. In this case, the four freedoms are necessary.
- Works testimonial: scientific writings, ancient writings. In this kind of work, the author could decide on whether to allow editing. Therefore, in this case Liberty 3 is not always necessary.
- Works of personal expression or legal, newspapers, autobiographies, reviews, novels, logos, licensing and legal contracts, logos . In this kind of work, the modification is not ethically justifiable because it would possibly defame that person, or manipulating their views, opinions, personal or legal. Therefore, in this case Liberty 3 is neither necessary nor desirable. Freedom 2 is partially required: it is necessary to allow people to study, but may not adapt or change. The same document goes into this section by legal and personal nature.
3. Carry out its core business through its Internet website, http://www.libertadinformacion.org, the partners may agree if they want to face meetings to address topics that are interesting, specific activities or any other legitimate reason.
4. Promote the development and creation of free information in various media, analog books, magazines, pamphlets …; Digital: software, music, ebooks …
5. Social pressure to release information and patents of others that may exist on this information.
It wasn’t too long ago that smart phones began to rule over our world; I remember, not even a decade ago, when the idea of a smart phone being more than a new gadget would have shocked most futurists. I remember how we did our best to make our phones smaller and smaller. Now? We’re elevating them to computing devices that fit in the palm of our hand and yet, despite their power and great design, they’re nothing without the Apps. That’s why the android app marketing has become such a big deal, a huge impact on the market and even changing how we look at and interact with computers and phones. Apple had a brilliant stroke of genius when they released the App market place, giving consumers a chance to be a part of the growth that happens organically whenever a new product is released out into the market.
They had a fundamental understanding that the community is responsible for propelling the growth and success of a new device.
We live in an age where many companies are beginning to restrict the technology that you purchase from them. While you may make a purchase and feel as if you ‘own’ the device, in reality you only ‘own’ the ‘right’ to use the advice; no modifications can be made, no ‘hacks’ to be able to improve or change the device in any way – hardware or software! This truly limits creativity in the technical world but with designs like facebsearch.net pirater un compte facebook and others, individuals and consumers are slowly taking back the right of the freedom of expression, the freedom to be inspired by creativity. While I can, in some ways, understand a company desiring to protect what it sees as its own intellectual property – in reality they are merely taking advantage of a currently abused and loop-hole riddled copy write systems that punishes the creative and rewards those quick enough to patent ambiguous designs.
I have a difficult time understanding why the creative commons license is no applied to any work after a set amount of years, rather than allowing for a constant re-newel of intelligent property and copy write rights. In the end, after so long, we will see a dramatic decrease in innovation as more and more ideas, and ideas that may just be similar in concept and design, being restricted. They will be shot down, they will be sued and they will only suffer due to their desire to create something new and interesting or to produce something that can improve upon existing products. Money, while important, is far less important than protecting the right to our creative abilities. Without creativity, many fields in our society will suffer due to the lack of such and fearing to be creative is only going to stifle our very economical might.
Once I found the carbonite offer code, I knew that I had found exactly what I was looking for. I wanted to find a way to store my photos and be able to share them with my family without posting them to a social networking site where they could be viewed by everyone that is connected with my family.
I love the freedom of information in this country, but I do not like the fact that once you put your family photos and things online that anyone can gain access to them and use them however they would like. I like to share, but I also like to retain my right to privacy while I am doing so.
I thought that putting my files on a file storage site that I would be able to share the log in information with my family and friends that I wanted to see them and that they would be able to access them easily. I also liked the fact that I would be able to get the pictures and things back if anything bad was to happen to my computer.
Figuring out which storage site to use was one of the more difficult parts of my decision to do this. I could not decide which site to use since there are so many of them out there. Once I took the time to do the research and found many reviews, I decided that the carbonite site was the way to go.
I was then able to find the code that I did and it finalized my decision. I would be able to store everything right there and it was not going to cost me as much as I had thought that it would. In fact, it ended up costing me less to store what I needed to store for less than half what it would have on the other sites.
It is important to back up the files on your computer, as you never know when something could happen that can make them disappear forever. While online backup is generally one of the best routes to take, there is some expense involved. One well-known backup company, Carbonite, will occasionally offer a carbonite code to help offset some of the costs involved. If you aren’t familiar with online coupon codes, they work much like an actual in-store coupon does; you simply apply the code you have during the checkout process for immediate savings on whatever it is that you are buying. In many cases, these codes can save you quite a bundle, and they are generally pretty easy to find.
If you want to save the most money, though, it is imperative that you do your research ahead of time. Prior to purchasing your online backup service, begin looking through different sites that offer coupon codes.
Opens source software or technology has been grossly misunderstood by many people as free software. That definition might just be a little satisfactory but it doesn’t explain deeply the background details of what this type of technology is all about. In plain terms open source software technology is the production and development of the ideology of giving developers and end users the permission to view the sources code of software technology as well as modify it to suite their personal use and interest. The opposite of open source software is the closed source version where users are forbidden from attempting any form of reverse engineering on the technology.
This technology is developed with the aim of facilitating technological development by allowing just about anyone to make modifications that will serve the purpose of people in different spheres of life. With this kind of freedom users are able to take control of their own software in line with their requirements and budgets. Developers of the software want other people to add their own features and modification to increase its quality and security, and then redistribute it to other people at will. These types of software allows for the establishment of a community of contributors and developers to work on the project so that features, modifications and improvements are made on the source code to ensure its continuity. Developers of open source technology also want to help create software that people can use without having to pay for it. This means that the technology is free for everyone to download and use.
The most important benefit of open source software is its ability to allow for knowledge sharing and facilitation. How does it do this? The open source knowledge community attracts the brightest and most learned developers who themselves are not paid but are motivated by the inspiration to create a massively successful technology through collaborations. It is a fact that knowledge and information is scattered all over the globe. With the availability of free source technology people indifferent places can make their own contributions to the knowledge base after assessing the most current and highest information. Rather than for material gains and money, authors involved with the open technology are motivated by peer recognition and pride. Open software allows authors to make corrections to the source code without any commercial interest in mind; this makes people work hard to ensure that it comes out excellent to benefit everyone.
For an organization to develop its knowledge base and information sharing capacity they need carry out proper implementation of open source technology. Information sharing in group collaboration to achieve greater capacity is achieved by reviewing based collaborations, so as to get approval before the content is made available to members. Change notification is also employed so that members of the knowledge group can know exactly when a collaborated document is updated. Revision control is run automatically for new reviews to be created and old ones accessible. There are comprehensive discussions to have access to permanent search conversions and the group collaboration can be used as a multi-author publishing tool.